Both consoles are compatible with Apple devices and Android smartphones.
The Discover SE console features a 16” touch-screen with integrated TV. The Discover SI console has a 10” touch-screen.
The Life Fitness Platinum Club Series Elliptical w/Discover SE Console is fantastic. Solid as a rock. It has a welded frame and is constructed the same as the professional model and the motion is the same. The difference is in the resistance system. The Life Fitness models in the health club create resistance by using some kind of electric generator that powers the electronics. The resistance on this model feels almost the same but is much quieter. The machine is very quiet all around. This model requires plugging it in to an electric outlet. The heart rate sensors in the hand grips work great but can also be used with a wireless chest strap for HR.
- Extensive biomechanical research creates a natural fluid motion that closely replicates running or walking. It’s a comfortable and effective total-body workout that helps users achieve their fitness goals. Quiet Drive Technology ensures a relaxing workout environment.
- Over-sized pedals with narrow spacing allow comfortable use with minimal lateral hip shifting, reducing lower back stress
- Easy-to-reach resistance control conveniently adjusts workout intensity
- Low decibel level ensures a quiet workout environment even during the busiest times
- Lifepulse digital heart rate monitor hand sensors located on ergonomically designed handlears
- Maximum User Weight: 400 lbs (181 kg)
- Power Requirements: AC Power line 115 volt, 15 amp (voltage outside U.S. may vary)
- Internet: Via CAT6 or CAT5e (shielded recommended); Wireless Connectivity: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n* (optional)
- Weight: 452 lbs
- Dimensions: 88.1″ L x 30.7″ W x 65″ H